Head of English and Media Faculty
Head: Ms Beth Kobel
Making School Memorable by Striving for Excellence
Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 1d GBP13,288
Required for September 2019
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents. We are an all-through co-operative school with students ranging from 4 - 19 years.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every student that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment. At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the successes of our student population.
Preston Manor is a high achieving and successful school and is looking for an excellent teacher to lead this committed department and to continue to build on its existing strengths and successes.
If you wish to be a part of our thriving community, the successful candidate will have the vision, creativity and experience to drive the continued development of the English and Media Faculty as valued subjects and qualifications amongst our school community. They will join an energetic school which strives to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations for achievement.
The successful candidate would be expected to be able to teach at all Key Stages. They will be expected to lead the Faculty as a whole and line manage key post holders within it.
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students and staff
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student progress through own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
- opportunity to work across the education phases
- motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious students
- a friendly and supportive team of teachers
- well-resourced facilities
- a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- a commitment to professional development, including an excellent CPD programme including NQT induction and Teach First training
The school is situated within walking distance of the world famous, Wembley Stadium, which offers easy access to newly created facilities including the London Designer Outlet.
The school benefits from excellent transport links via public transport and is located a short walk from both Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations. Central London locations are accessible within 20 minutes from the school.
The school is also easily accessible from main roads including the M25, M1, M40, A40 and A406.
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.'
'Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.'
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
For further information and an application pack, download from website via the button below.
Closing Date: noon Monday 18 March 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 21 March 2019
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.