Manchester City Council is one of the most exciting Local Authorities in the country and is seeking a talented and commercially-minded individual for the role of Development Manager within the Strategic Development Directorate.
The Strategic Development Directorate underpins delivery of the Council's priorities for the Growth and Regeneration of the City, leading on major development and place making initiatives city wide to provide new homes, commercial, retail, cultural space and the delivery of jobs to sustain Manchester's economic growth.
Role responsibilities will include facilitating and supporting transformational development schemes, as well as identifying and delivering commercial opportunities providing an interesting and varied workload. This presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to lead delivery teams and drive forward key development and regeneration projects.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor with significant post qualification experience and have:
- Proven leadership experience, providing the ability to forge and manage complex public and private partnerships.
- Proven experience of working at a high level in a property organisation, managing workforce and complex property functions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Manchester property market.
- The ability to influence other partners and organisations, building positive working relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills to support problem solving of a highly complex nature and deliver practical solutions.
- Proven knowledge and experience in complex valuation and development appraisals.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: Thursday 28 February 2019
Assessment/Interview Date: Friday 15 March 2019