Team Manager - Adoption Recruitment Team
Team Manager - Adoption Recruitment Team
Salary from GBP46,000 - GBP57,000 per annum
Full time contract - 37 hours a week
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
In ECC we are "Serious about Social Work". We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team of social workers who co-ordinate, train and support adoptive households. The team also manages the step parent and non-agency assessments. The team is based at County Hall, however the adoption agency covers the county and therefore we support colleagues in our neighbouring quadrant teams when required.
Essex County Council has recently been awarded the Social Work Employer of the Year award 2018.
* To act as a role model and source of professional expertise in relation to current best practice in adoption.
* To uphold statutory requirements of both adoption and children's legislation, plus any Departmental requirements.
* To manage the recruitment of prospective adopters during the initial stages of the adoption process.
* To work with adopter training partners in the delivering of training and adoption support.
* To manage the step parent and non-agency assessments
* To contribute and lead the adopter recruitment strategy.
* To maintain an up to date record of activity on case files in line with the department case recording policy
* To promote and comply with Safeguarding procedures
* Record details of assessments on the system; collate cohort and trend data, monitor outcomes and respond to data requests.
Knowledge, Skills & ExperienceA Diploma or Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent
* Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as Registered Social Worker.
* Be able to demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS)
* Experience of leading a team in a Social Care environment
* Experience or a good understanding of working within Children and Family/Adoption services
* Open to change and ready to innovate, you will be keen to join an environment where you can stretch yourself professionally, make an impact individually and deliver positive outcomes collaboratively
* Court experience preferable
* Analytical report writing skills are essential
* Understanding impact of neglect/abuse on children and trauma in children important
* Flexible working is required with occasional out of county work
* Writing in-depth analytical reports.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please go to the Working for Essex website.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.