Human Resources Director
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is the UK's National Competition Authority. We are undergoing a significant phase of growth as we prepare to take on our new expanded post-EU exit role, strengthening our position as a champion of consumers and a spur to productivity.
As Human Resources Director, you'll have a highly influential leadership role that's critical to the achievement of the CMA's vision and objectives. As a member of the CMA's Senior Leadership Team, you'll lead and deliver our people strategy to ensure that we have the capacity, capability, commitment and culture to produce and sustain high performance.
Reporting to the Senior Director People, Capability and Culture, who is also an Executive Committee member, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership for the delivery of improved leadership and management capability, creating an environment that motivates a professional and diverse workforce through a continuous programme of learning and talent strategies.
- Working in partnership with Senior Directors to develop the CMA culture and working environment so the CMA is well placed to execute its move to Canary Wharf in the summer of 2019.
- Leading four professional HR teams to deliver value added, customer focused, effective and efficient strategic and operational Human Resources services; namely Recruitment, HR Operations, HR Business Partnering and the CMA Academy.
- Leading on performance management to ensure a consistent approach to managing people and to ensure a framework of policies, procedures and processes which are legally compliant, reflect the values and culture of the CMA and are effective in improving performance within and across the organisation.
- Acting as Head of Profession for Human Resources and to promote professional and career development for HR staff.
We invite applications for this key role from proven HR leaders with a track record operating at a strategic level and of delivering in a variety of HR roles in the Civil Service and/or Public Sector, with experience of specialist workforces, especially the attraction of talent. You will be CIPD qualified.
You'll have the credibility and communications skills to influence senior decision makers and will possess the leadership skills to motivate, inspire and empower diverse teams, driving up engagement, capability, professional excellence/expertise and/or performance to achieve quality outcomes at pace.
The CMA is a hugely rewarding and stimulating place to work - an opportunity to work for the public good and to stretch and develop yourself in doing so.
In your online application you must submit a CV and a personal statement setting out how your knowledge, skills, experience and personal qualities meet the essential and desirable criteria set out in the Person Specification of the Candidate Information Pack.
For full details about this role and the benefits of working at the CMA, please click on the "Visit Website" button.
Closing date: 21 st January 2019 (11.59pm).
The CMA is an accredited Disability Confident Employer and are Stonewall Diversity Champions. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds and recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.