Head of Corporate Asset Management
Head of Corporate Asset Management
Town Hall, Watford
We are Watford Borough Council, a Local Authority dedicated to making Watford a great place to work and live.
We're now looking for a Head of Corporate Asset Management to take on a brand new role in our organisation, directly impacting our incredible transformation work within Watford.
- Salary from GBP51,000 (negotiable DOE)
- 28 days' holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Fantastic discounts including reduced gym membership and retail savings across various well-known brands
- Staff and their families have access to free, confidential advice and counselling staff 24/7
- Flexible working options
- We'll offer you an interest free loan, so you can buy a season ticket for the bus, train or tube, or if you want to buy a bike
This is an incredible role for a hands-on leader to get involved and be a key part of transformation within Watford Borough Council.
You'll bring a breath of fresh air to our organisation ideally with a commercial mindset and bags of enthusiasm for getting the job done.
Transformation within our organisation brings modern ideas, approaches and structure, an amazing investment portfolio and a superb level of challenge.
So, if you are looking for something different, something amazing and something where you can really get involved, this is the role for you.
As the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will be tasked with managing Watford Borough Council's (non-investment) property portfolio and delivering guidance and direction to the organisation following a corporate landlord approach within via a dedicated asset management framework. You will also have overall responsibility for FM services across the Council's operational estate.
Additionally, you will undertake business continuity planning duties and will have responsibility for emergency planning.
Your role will also involve:
- Developing and implementing asset management plans
- Managing operational assets, property, estate and facilities
- Maximising wider property opportunities across the property portfolio
- Directly managing the Town Hall facilities and related operational building occupied by council staff
- Taking charge of H&S at council properties and ensuring compliance with applicable statutory requirements
- Management of a team of between eight and 15 members
To be considered as the Head of Corporate Asset Management, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering corporate landlord functions across multi-use operational property portfolios
- Experience of managing property, assets and FM services in a large, busy, varied environment, including managing service contracts
- Previous experience of direct line management and of driving a cultural change and changing performance
- A commercial mindset
An appreciation of public sector constraints or experience of working within the public sector would be beneficial to your application. RICS accreditation would also be advantageous, but is by no means essential.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please get in touch.
Please note; interviews may be held at any point during the advertising period.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Facilities, Property and Asset Management, Head of Property Manager, Head of Corporate Landlording, Head of Facilities, Head of Facilities Management, Head of Asset Management, or Head of Estate Management.
Webrecruit and Watford Borough Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to bring a fresh new approach as our next Head of Corporate Asset Management, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.