CV deadline: 2/10/18 @ 1540
Clearance required: SC
We are looking for a SC cleared Project Manager with experience of the DE&S & ideally ISTAR.
The ISTAR Operating Centre (ISTAR OC) within the Joint Enablers domain of Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) delivers and supports capabilities that provide information superiority and protection, critical to successful operations. The programmes it supports have grown significantly aligned to the priority put on them by Defence. The Special Projects - Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (SPISR) Delivery Team (DT) is a fast-paced through-life team which is responsible for the support and acquisition of a wide range of capabilities for a range of Specialist Users operating in a variety of Operation Theatres. The DT manages a portfolio of mission critical projects critical to current operations. Projects vary in value, duration and complexity with many being operationally time critical.
The assignment requires an individual with experience in the delivery of projects, with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders, experience of governance and risk control frameworks, good planning and organisational skills, strong leadership; and good people and communications skills. They should possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
Main responsibilities include:
• Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
• Securing the provision of resources needed for projects from internal and/or external providers
• Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
• Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
• Preparing and maintaining schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
• Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
• Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
• Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
• Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
• Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
• Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points during and after projects, which will inform governance of projects by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance.
• Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required
This demanding and busy assignment in DE&S offers the opportunity to professionally manage projects to provide new equipment, and to maintain and up-grade existing in-service equipment, in a team with a specialist customer who demands honesty, excellence and quality.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please apply/contact me asap. Thank you.