Prooject Manager - Construction
Project Manager – Construction
CV deadline: 2/10/18 @ 1355
Clearance required: SC
We are looking for a SC cleared Construction Project Manager ideally RICS/CIOB with experience of managing the delivery of infrastructure construction projects above £10M, ideally for both private and public sector clients.
General Roles and Purpose
The UK Ministry of Defence is about to undertake a major restructuring of the entire defence estates. We are seeking an experienced construction professional to join the programme team to provide strategic advice and direction in shaping the delivery of the construction projects. The role will provide professional advice on property and construction, including both the existing estate and construction of new assets. As the projects develop this role will have responsibility for managing the procurement, design and construction phases for projects appreciating their interdependencies with the wider programme and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of managing the delivery infrastructure construction projects above £10M, ideally for both private and public sector clients. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in providing a better defence estate and a circa £3Bn national construction programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (focus will depend upon assignment)
- Ensure DEO construction projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
- Advise customers / clients to determine project scope and requirements;
- Oversee the preparation of scheme designs with costings and specifications for the works;
- Compile documents for tender purposes and advise on appointment of subcontractors;
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair;
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction; Instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
- Advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- Manage the planning application process and advise on property legislation and building regulations;
- Assess and design buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
- Instruct on construction design and management regulations;
- Negotiate dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
- Commission and assure feasibility and other technical studies;
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings; and MOD Counter Terrorism Measures within construction.
Desirable Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Building Surveying, Construction Management or a range of property and construction-related subjects, recognised by the CIOB or RICS.
- +10 years Post Graduate Industry Experience. Client side experience essential.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, e.g. CIOB or RICS.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you.