Course Author - DSAT/MoD
Course Author/Designer – DSAT/MoD
CV deadline: 11/09/18 @ 1715
Please be aware – On receipt of an authorised time sheet, No8 payments to contractors are guaranteed within 7 days
We are looking for DSAT course author/designer with an understanding of the military & ideally of CBRN
Responsible for the writing of the respective C-CBRN project Concept of Employment (CONEMP) and Concept of Use (CONUSE) documents and assisting with developing how the programmes will be employed by the End User, to include assisting with the planning, design and delivery the LC3I training packages.
The project Writing Team will be responsible for producing the CONEMPs and CONUSE for multiple C-CBRN capability programmes.
The Concept Writer and Training Design will be responsible to the Delivery Team (DE&S) through the Defence CBRN Capability Branch, at the Defence CBRN Centre, Winterbourne Gunner. The contract is owned by DE&S, with the Defence CBRN Capability Branch and Centre allocating tasks and managing daily work and reporting.
Key tasks and deliverables
The Concepts Writer and Training Designer will have the following responsibilities:
- Liaison with DE&S, Front Line Commands, Dstl, the Trials and Experimentation Planning Office (TEPO) and contractors to fully understand their assigned projects.
- Identify aims and criteria for successfully drafting of CONEMP and CONUSE.
- Form part of the respective project Capability Integration Working Groups (CIWGs.)
- Manage, administrate and conduct CONEMP and CONUSE writing as directed by the Defence CBRN Capability Branch.
- Report verbally and electronically on drafts and final products.
- Instigate Training Development of their assigned projects to include:
- Conduct Scoping Studies and Training Needs Analysis for capability training on behalf of the Training Requirements Authority.
- Develop DSAT compliant capability focussed courses for CBRN.
- Manage the initial development, implementation and first party validation of all course documentation, ensuring DSAT compliance always.
- Provide subject matter expert advice and consultancy on all DSAT/project issues, engaging with external agencies involved in the design or development of capability training, most notably in the development of manufacturer delivered T3 packages into sustainable DSAT compliant courses
- Identify and manage the introduction of innovative capability training techniques and equipment.
- Accurately record and report hours worked through the TSG coordinating authority to the DE&S Delivery Team – within granted authorities.
- Accurately record and report travel and subsistence claimed for through the TSG coordinating authority to the DE&S Delivery Team – within granted authorities.
- Read and comply with the Unit Health and Safety Plan, the Unit Equal Opportunities Plan, the Unit Security Plan and Unit Orders.
Experience Required - the following competencies and qualifications are essential:
- A military background and/or developed understanding of how the Defence concept processes work and understand the context in which the C-CBRN project programmes will be employed by the End User.
- A detailed and technical knowledge of UK and NATO policy and doctrine.
- Understanding of Defence doctrine process and organisations.
- MS Office Skills.
- Be able to understand how recent Defence C-CBRN Policy changes will influence operational and tactical level C-CBRN doctrine.
- Have a working knowledge of current C-CBRN doctrine.
- Be able to provide advice and consultancy on all concept issues to the DCBRNC and external Defence agencies involved with the design and delivery of the capability development. Providing subject matter expert input on assigned projects during visits by external agencies as required.
- Fully experienced in the DSAT process and having in-depth knowledge and experience of all aspects of TD, including:
- Design and execution of RPS (Role Performance Statement)
- Design and delivery of FTS, WTS, Learning Scalar, TGA
- Experience in the design and development of L-Specs (Lesson Specifications)
- Experience in the development of A-Specs
- Experience in the design and piloting of new courses in accordance with DSAT principles
- Experienced in the development and maintenance of course TrADs
- Experienced in 1 PA and assurance of course ware and course delivery in accordance with DSAT
You will also be prepared to
- Be trained to become familiar/competent with project equipment as required. T
- Travel within the UK 7 drive a civilian hire vehicle (UK B licence).
- Work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you.
Apply for Course Author - DSAT/MoD
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly