Requirements Engineer - Satellite Comms
CV deadline: 10/09/18 @ 1030
Please be aware – On receipt of an authorised time sheet, No8 payments to contractors are guaranteed within 7 days
We are looking for a MoD Requirement Engineer/Manager with technical knowledge and experience of Satellite Communications Systems & proficiency in using IBM Rational DOORS™ to capture and manage requirements.
This is a Requirements Engineering post within the SKYNET 6 (SK6) Service Delivery Wrap (SDW) workstream. The post holder will be expected to be active in the development of Service Requirements, to have sufficient skills, qualifications, experience and technical knowledge to be credible within both the SDW workstream and SK6 project teams. The post holder will need to give appropriate advice and support to the work stream requirements development team, undertake work to support the Authority in defining its requirements and then to elicit and incorporate these appropriately in the SDW requirements set as it is developing and to participate in the wider development of the Skynet 6 Service Delivery Wrap Project.
The workstream will develop Service Requirements for the SK6 SDW ITN. This will require the SDW requirements team to:
- Reverse engineer Service Requirements from the existing PFI contract;
- Extract relevant requirements from the SK6 User Requirements work and other documentation as appropriate to the SDW Project timeframe of 2021 to 2028;
- Develop a coherent set of service requirements that define the needs of the work stream.
As a Requirements Engineer in the SDW requirements team, this post will be responsible and/or support:
- Stakeholder identification and engagement;
- Requirements capture, analysis and management;
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting performance and variance to the workstream lead;
- Carry out Systems Engineering and Project activities to support the SDW and other work streams as required;
- Knowledge and experience in Requirements Engineering and Management, including proficiency in using IBM Rational DOORS™ to capture and manage requirements.
- Technical knowledge and experience of Satellite Communications Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Military Satellite Communications Systems
- Knowledge of MOD practices and processes, especially in Requirements Engineering
- Degree (or equivalent) educated in a communications related discipline
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you.