Due to an increase in secured workload, we are seeking a Principal Planning Officer to join our Local Government planning division. The Principal Planning Officer will deputise for the Planning Manager when required and be responsible for a caseload of complex and varied projects. The role will also involve the mentoring of junior staff.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Process complex planning applications
- Assist in training and mentoring junior members of the team
- Lead on pre-application discussions and provide advice, process planning applications
- Identify and maximise opportunities to increase revenue
- Represent the Council and Re at public meetings, including but not limited to committee, hearings, inquiries and Court
- In addition, the post-holder will be expected to undertake other reasonable duties, as required by the business.
- Essential Experience/Skills
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the criteria listed below:
- Degree in Planning
- Excellent technical knowledge of the Town Planning system
- Demonstrable knowledge of provision of administrative processes relating to the processing of planning applications
- Planning experience in a consultancy or local government environment
- Competent and confident to lead negotiations with stakeholders and communicate clear advice on proposals
- Experience of applying H&S legislation and practices.
- Driving licence
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Senior Planner to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Senior Planner & you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.