Building Control Surveyor
Building Control Surveyor
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and qualified Building Control Surveyor with a desire to build on their experience within a business offering a multitude of opportunities to extend and challenge their career. We offer support and services for numerous clients, covering traditional Local Authority Building Control and more recently through Capita Building Standards our Approved Inspector business, operating across 4 regional partnerships. Whilst our core work is supporting Local Authority Building Control we are looking for someone keen to help us develop our business across public and private sectors.
About the role
We are looking for a Building Control Surveyor keen to develop and deliver external work for numerous and varied clients. The demands of a changing Building Control environment have brought about opportunities to develop both public and private sector business support and services, these include:
Maintaining and improving service to our Local Authority Partner - Salford City Council.
Providing support services to Local Authorities requiring assistance as and when required. This can include:
- Plan assessment, site inspection, management and service reviews.
- Supporting our new Capita Building Standards AI business, promoting and delivering Approved Inspector services.
- Associated work such as: Warranty Inspections, Flood Surveys, Technical Reviews, Demolition Management, Fire Risk Assessment.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities.
- Developing the team and business within a commercially focussed environment, supporting systems and procedures that help ensure customer needs and business effectiveness.
We are a Joint Venture Partnership between Capita, Salford City Council and Galliford Try. We are based within the Salford district of Greater Manchester employing approximately 330 staff in a wide range of integrated professional support services solutions. Capabilities include a full range of property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development management and Building Control services.
What you will do
As our Building Control Consultant Surveyor you will:
- Work across a number of Building Control projects, requiring a flexible and pro active approach to change.
- Make use of your experience and expertise in interpreting and developing solutions that are appropriate, practical and cost effective.
- Be concise and possess the ability to communicate at all levels, be well organised and efficient, have a positive can do attitude.
- Develop existing and new business relationships with a desire to meet customer needs.
- Monitor projects within systems designed to ensure useful outcomes within realistic commercial constraints.
- Be keen to offer suggestions and support with new markets and ventures.
- Become involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
- Support your colleagues to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
- Be willing to travel to meet our client requirements. Location and work is likely to be varied on a regular basis
- Be agile, dynamic and have the capability to work in ever changing environments.
Your experience will include:
- You will be a qualified and experienced Building Control Surveyor with membership of RICS or CABE Building Control.
- A desire and ability to help clients engineer solutions developed from a comprehensive understanding of associated standards and objectives applied in a professional and practical manner.
- A good communicator at all levels, works well as team player. Comfortable with change and a flexible approach to work. Client needs may require regular travel and the candidate should be happy to vary both the type and location of their work.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Building Control Surveyor to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you. Ali/No8
Apply for Building Control Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly