Interim Head of Responsible Sourcing
Seafish has an exciting opportunity available to join our Operations Division as interim Head of Responsible Sourcing. You will lead a team of four technical staff working across responsible sourcing issues (including ethical sourcing), aquaculture growth and responding to technical matters impacting on the seafood sector.
This is a temporary role for 12 months initially but there may be scope to extend the project for a further 6 months. The role has become vacant because the substantive position holder has taken up an internal secondment to oversee the transition of the Seafish Responsible Fisheries Scheme to the Global Seafood Alliance.
Seafish is looking for an experienced people manager who can lead the responsible sourcing team to deliver on a range of priorities set out in our Corporate Plan 2, and our Annual Plan for 2018/19 and beyond.
Key areas of work include:
- Establishing a medium to long-term work programme for how Seafish can engage with and support growth across the UK aquaculture sector.
- Manage the continuous development and maintenance of the Risk Assessment for Sourcing Seafood (RASS) supply chain tool to ensure seafood buyers have robust, easily accessible and up-to-date information to enable them to make sustainable purchasing decisions.
- Delivering a programme of fishing gear technology expertise with a particular focus on improving selectivity to manage bycatch species interactions and environmental impact.
- Support the seafood sector by providing expertise and analysis to help it to respond to issues relating to environmental sustainability.
- Providing leadership across the organsiation to support the delivery of our Challenge work programme with particular focus on the activities featured in Challenge 4: Balancing the need to secure sustainable supply while ensuring we meet consumer demands for supply chain integrity.
- Experienced people manager
- Effective decision making
- Strong project management skills
- Budget management experience
- Experienced in presenting complex information in an engaging way and influencing at senior level
- Skilled in identifying, developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders and building effective and influential networks
- Practical and results focused
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Fisheries, Ecology, Marine Science, Aquaculture or other related field.
We are looking for a candidate, preferably with knowledge of the seafood industry and the political and social landscape within which it operates, with particular expertise in one of more of the following areas:
- Supply chain management across either seafood or other food sectors
- Fisheries management
- Social responsibility
Further information on Seafish's responsible sourcing work programme can be found here
A copy of the Seafish Corporate Plan 2 can be found here
Closing date: Monday 16th July 2018
Interviews: Thursday 26th July 2018
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits - please enquire for more information
For more information on the role or to arrange an informal chat please contact via the button below.