Project Manager (HLF Delivery Phase)
Craven District Council is seeking to recruit a Project Manager to help us take forward this exciting project, which will comprise a complete redevelopment of Craven Museum and Gallery, new build facilities for education and collections store, plus restoration and development of the historic Concert Hall.
Broadly, the role will involve coordinating the project plan, communications and risk management, undertaking procurement, pulling together progress reporting information and undertaking the management and monitoring of construction and associated budget.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of RIBA stages and an in-depth knowledge of construction processes, preferably with some experience of working with historic/listed buildings.
We would be happy to discuss different approaches to deliver this role including secondment.
- Coordinate communications between the client team, appointed Design Team, Museum Designer, Principal Contractor and other stakeholders in the pursuit of the delivery of the Craven Museum & Gallery construction/development project and associated works, ensuring the project is delivered to agreed scope and budget, that client team actions are coordinated and that project risks are identified and managed.
- Represent client interests at team and site meetings. Assist in the procurement of the construction contract and museum fit out contract and any other services or surveys required to complete the project.
- To be the site contact for the Principal Contractor and deal with any site matters.
- Contribute to the coordination and submission of all relevant information and documentation to external funding bodies as required.
- Contribute to progress reports and attend meetings of the Project Steering Group, Council Committees and working parties as necessary.
- To provide risk management for the project and escalate issues to Senior Assurance as required.
- To work alongside the HLF Community Heritage Curator to ensure synergy between construction and activity objectives for the HLF side of the project
- Work with Lead Architect to prepare a structured Project Plan comprising a Product Breakdown Structure, Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt Chart and Dependency Network.
- Manage and monitor the construction project plan to ensure successful completion of the project on schedule.
- Manage and monitor the construction budget to ensure that the project is delivered within budget.
- To carry out the above duties in line with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and Service Procedures.
- To comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy, Financial regulations and Code of Conduct
- To take a flexible approach according to the changing needs of the project and stakeholders where necessary, to achieve the overall aims of the project.
Please read the attached person specification in conjunction with the above.