Programme Director - Data & Demonstrators
What will you be doing?
The Director of Data and Demonstrators plays an important role in enabling Future Cities Catapult to successfully meet its strategic objectives to build the economy and develop businesses to service the advanced urban services sector. The Director will be expected to work in collaboration with our Chief Delivery Officer to operationalize the strategic plan, in order to build a tangible and sustainable programme of work that ensures the delivery of our Urban Innovation Services Platforms for data and demonstrators. The Director is required to lead the Data and Demonstrators teams to deliver work to an expected level of quality, including the development of new business opportunities that support the programme.
- Provide leadership to the Data and Demonstrators teams by role modelling standards of professional conduct, commercial acumen, coaching and mentoring team members, cascading and managing towards objectives, and managing towards high performance.
- As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Data and Demonstrators is also responsible for ensuring corporate information is properly cascaded to their team members as required, and business confidential information is maintained appropriately.
- Develop the programmes of work for the Data and Demonstrators Services Platform, including engagement with academic research partners, which should incorporate the development and delivery of the data and demonstrator strategies.
- Drive revenue into the Catapult in line with the strategy, operational plan and programme areas, ensuring high quality bids for work are made, and an acceptable win ratio.
- Manage and be accountable for the budget for the Data and Demonstrators service platform, ensuring revenue and expenditure is in line with expectations. This includes making appropriate business cases for additional investment for consideration of the Executive Management Team, as required.
- Use your expertise to provide hands-on insight and input into deliverable work as required.
- Effective management of programme resources ensuring an appropriate level of billable utilisation for permanent employees, and project resources are brought into the organisation in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure programme deliverables are met. This may include developing and managing framework agreements with contracted resources and service providers in collaboration with the Catapult’s commercial team.
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations.
Skills & Experience
- A relevant Masters-level qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- • Demonstrable prior experience in data science, experimentation, software development, demonstrators and/or prototypes. Previous experience in within cities, the built environment, transport, urban planning, architecture, construction, digital technology or related sectors would be a considerable advantage.
- • Significant prior experience leading multidisciplinary and multinational teams of professionals including demonstrable experience in exceeding target revenue generation.
- • A clear understanding of the needs of cities and local authorities in the use of data, innovation, digital technology and/or challenges for demonstrator projects, and the credibility to build networks across these groups.
- • Previous experience in operationalising strategic organisational objectives, and managing business units and teams towards achievement of those goals.
- • Significant previous experience managing a budget and P&L for a business unit, with the capability to understand and interpret management information for business decision-making.
Role Specifics Interview Dates
This role closes on the 17th June 2018. First round interviews will be conducted on the 28th June 2018. Candidates successfully select for interview will be contacted during the week commencing 18th June.
Want to Apply?
If you meet the requirements please send your CV and portfolio with covering letter via our application portal and in your cover letter tell us why you're right for the job. the portal can be found through the APPLY button below.
Please note: The portfolio is compulsory, either as attachment or a website. We are interested in seeing your process, so feel free to include stages of your projects.