Programme Director - Business Engagement & Growth
What will you be doing?
The Director of Business Engagement and Growth plays an important role in enabling Future Cities Catapult to successfully meet its strategic objectives to build the economy and develop businesses to service the advanced urban services sector. The Director will be expected to work in collaboration with our Chief Delivery Officer to operationalize the strategic plan, in order to build a tangible and sustainable programme of work that ensures the delivery of our Urban Innovation Services Platforms for business engagement and growth. The Director is required to lead the Business Engagement and Growth teams to deliver work to an expected level of quality, including the development of new business opportunities that support the programme.
Provide leadership to the Business Engagement and Growth teams by role modelling standards of professional conduct, commercial acumen, coaching and mentoring team members, cascading and managing towards objectives, and managing towards high performance. As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Business Engagement and Growth is also responsible for ensuring corporate information is properly cascaded to their team members as required, and business confidential information is maintained appropriately. Develop the programmes of work for the Business Engagement and Growth Urban Innovation Services Platform, including engagement with academic research partners, which should incorporate the development and delivery of the SME strategy, Large Business Offer, International and EU Strategies. Drive revenue into the Catapult in line with the strategy, operational plan and programme areas, ensuring high quality bids for work are made, and an acceptable win ratio. Manage and be accountable for the budget for the Business Engagement & Growth service platform, ensuring revenue and expenditure is in line with expectations. This includes making appropriate business cases for additional investment for consideration of the Executive Management Team, as required. Use your expertise to provide hands-on insight and input into deliverable work as required. Effective management of programme resources ensuring an appropriate level of billable utilisation for permanent employees, and project resources are brought into the organisation in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure programme deliverables are met. This may include developing and managing framework agreements with contracted resources and service providers in collaboration with the Catapult’s commercial team. You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations.
Skills & Experience
- Master of Business Administration, other relevant Masters-level qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Demonstrable prior experience working directly with large and small businesses towards high growth and profitability.
- Previous experience in industry development or leadership within the built environment, transport, urban planning, architecture, construction, digital technology or related sectors would be a considerable advantage.
- Significant prior experience leading multidisciplinary and multinational teams of professionals including demonstrable experience in exceeding target revenue generation.
- A clear understanding of the needs of cities and local authorities in the engagement with business, and the capability to build networks across these groups.
- Previous experience in operationalising strategic organisational objectives, and managing business units and teams towards achievement of those goals.
- Significant previous experience managing a budget and P&L for a business unit, with the capability to understand and interpret management information for business decision-making.
Role Specifics Interview Dates
This role closes on the 17th June. Candidates successfully selected for interview will be contacted week commencing 18th June.
Want to Apply?
If you meet the requirements please send your CV and portfolio with covering letter via our application portal and in your cover letter tell us why you're right for the job. the portal can be found through the APPLY button below.
Future Cities Catapult operates a recruitment framework agreement, and we will not consider any applications from recruitment agencies outside of our framework.