Pensions Manager (Dorchester)
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Pensions Manager to lead the pension administration function for the Dorset County Pension Fund.
The fund currently provides services to 25,700 contributors, 21,000 pensioners in payment and 22,900 deferred members.
The role will lead and manage the Pensions Administration Team providing high quality and effective delivery of the service to the Council and other external organisations connected with the Dorset County Pension Fund.
Key roles will be:-
- To be responsible for the administration and governance of the Local Government Pension Scheme. To interpret and apply the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations, compensation regulations and overriding social security and pensions legislation
- To provide communications on pensions and related matters to the Pensions Administration Team employees, scheme members, employees and elected members. To liaise with County Council departments, other employers, Government departments and suppliers of computerised systems
- To be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Pension Administration Team's computerised systems and procedures
- To prepare and present administration reports to the Pension Fund Committee and Local Pension Board
- To act as first point of contract with the Pension Fund's legal advisors and to provide advice and guidance on pension issues relating to TUPE, out-sourcing and admission agreements
- To be responsible for the formulation and implementation of a Pensions Administration Strategy
- To provide financial data, reports and financial returns to various bodies, including TPR, DCLG, HMRC etc within statutory deadlines
- To provide the formal response to complaints received from members, and to further advise the authority on complaints raised through the IDRP process.
For further details or an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Richard Bates, Chief Financial Officer / Fund Administrator on .