Research and Evaluation Officer
The Strategy, Policy and Performance service is seeking to appoint a Research and Evaluation Officer for an 18 month Fixed Term Contract. This post is initially for 18 months, as this is the period for which we are currently funded from the Department of Communities and Local Government's Controlling Migration Fund.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Provide analysis of the data collated from the programme and its migrant participants.
- Devise tools to enable the council and its partners to measure the impact of programme delivery and undertake programme evaluation at the end of the programme.
- Work and support small third sector organisations who have a limited capacity to undertake their own research and analysis about their service users,
- Have an understanding of migrant communities and ESOL needs.
- Prepare briefings and reports and have experience of presenting complex results and information for professional and lay audiences; Support the Migrant Programme Manager to deliver the programme outcomes and outputs.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders
You will: -
- Have strong analytical skills and an eye for presenting and communicating data
- Have experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and survey management
- Have experience of using key analytical tools such as Excel and SPSS, and impact assessment tools.
- Use of infographics and GIS would also be desirable additional skills.
Application Closing Date: 28th May 2018
Shortlisting Week Commencing: 28th May 2018
Interview date: 6th June 2018
Benefits and Allowances
21 hours per week GBP37,650 to GBP40,653 pro rata