Sector Manager - Digital and Creative
West Yorkshire Combined Authority is looking to recruit a Sector Manager for Digital and Creative Technologies to play a vital role in shaping the economy of Leeds City Region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and attracting inward investment projects in the Digital and Creative sector, building relationships with stakeholders and businesses in the region and contributing to the development of the sector through strategic initiatives.
The Sector Manager will also take responsibility for the sector's lead generation activities, and this role will offer the candidate the opportunity to promote Leeds City Region's inward investment opportunities on a global stage.
The successful candidate will be based within the Combined Authority's highly successful and energetic Trade and Investment team, contributing to our reputation for professionalism, partnership and resourcefulness.
- Develop and implement a strategic business development plan to promote Leeds City Region's proposition for inward investment in Digital and Creative technologies, identifying investment projects and opportunities.
- Manage a range of projects in the investment pipeline, leading on relationship-building to influence the decision-making of potential investors, by designing a bespoke business case for investment and job creation in the City Region.
- Plan and host inward investor delegations to showcase the assets of the City Region.
- Research and develop new investment leads in target markets in the UK and overseas, and promoting the region's key USPs to potential investors and intermediaries, using initiative and sector knowledge to attract interest, initiate dialogue with senior decision makers in target companies and bring potential investors to Leeds City Region.
- Work closely with existing Digital and Creative services including the Digital and Creative leads within the Business Growth Service, Department for International Trade and existing Trade and Export services to ensure that investor development, supply chain and international trade initiatives are fully integrated in order to maximise resources and their combined impact.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key figures in Local Authorities, to support them in attracting additional further investment into the locality.
- Experience of successfully performing in a similar role, with a background in business development, and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the City Region's Digital and Creative sector.
- A confident negotiator, with the ability to identify expansion and growth opportunities across Leeds City Region.
- A strong communicator, able to influence and liaise with decision makers in key foreign owned businesses within the region.
- Must possess or be able to quickly develop an excellent understanding of global trends in the Digital and Creative industries, with the ability to interpret this intelligence to refine and target the strategic business development plan towards the most favourable opportunities and prospects for investment.
- Excellent business-to-business (b2b) influencing and relationship building skills, with demonstrable track record of problem solving and effective business development with senior industry decision makers.
- Show a commitment to professionalism in adhering to corporate processes.
- Act as a representative for the Digital and Creative sector within the organisation, able to work collaboratively across other teams within the Economic Services directorate.
- The role requires a candidate who has flexibility in terms evening work and overseas travel, due to the extensive programme of lead generation built in to the role.
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a political environment.
We want our region to be recognised globally as a strong, successful economy where everyone can build great businesses, careers and lives.
We unlock the Leeds City Region's vast economic potential by enabling businesses to grow and develop. We work with partners across the public and private sectors with the goal of stimulating growth that will create jobs and prosperity for everyone who lives, works and does business here.
For more information about the work of West Yorkshire Combined Authority please visit website.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority's aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds building an inclusive culture, we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. In return we can offer a flexible and encouraging environment that will allow you to achieve your best work/life balance and career goals; with a range of benefits including a local government career average pension scheme and a fully funded travel MCard (zone 1-5). We are committed to enabling working parents to progress their careers and will consider requests for flexible working patterns and job share arrangements.
To submit your application form online please visit our website via the button below by 20 th May 2018
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Candidate information will be retained by West Yorkshire Combined Authority for 6 months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.