Migrant Programme Manager
The Strategy, Policy and Performance service is seeking to appoint a Migrant Programme Manager for an 18 month Fixed Term Contract. The Migrant Programme Manager post is for an initial 18 months, as this is the period for which we are currently funded from the Department of Communities and Local Government's Controlling Migration Fund.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Set up and programme manage the Welcome to Tower Hamlets programme funded by the Controlling Migration Fund including ESOL, volunteering and social integration elements
- Lead and drive the programme, ensuring that outcomes and outputs are met that funding requirements are satisfied.
- Coordinate relationships and networks to the programme including with delivery organisations, funders, and services linked to the programme.
The post holder will:
- Programme manage officers, and draft and manage project and programme plans and documents.
- Maintain an overview of commissioning activity and contract management within the programme, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Liaise with funders about the delivery of outcomes and outputs and the identification and management of risks and opportunities.
You will: -
- Have an expert understanding of operational service delivery and the national and local context in relation to migrants and ESOL
- Have a qualification or experience in programme management and the coordination of a range of projects, ideally gained within a local government context
- Have the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and to develop appropriate promotional material.
- Have the ability to develop effective partnerships within the council, and with external agencies - both statutory and voluntary.
This is a fixed term contract/secondment for 18 months.