Havering Council is determined to deliver integrated health and social care services to our community across Adults and Children’s social care and Public Health services, of the highest possible quality. As such we are always looking for innovative solutions backed by efficient implementation of change. We have been successful in securing central government funding for an Innovation programme that is looking to develop and implement a regional response to Childrens residential placements. The programme is an exciting one, bringing together several authorities in North East London to a joint initiative, led by Havering, that will develop a market and deliver improved outcomes for young people.
The programme is being mobilised and this Commissioning Programme Manger role will ensure delivery of the innovation programme whilst being based in, and contributing to, the Joint Commissioning Unit in Havering.
The Joint Commissioning Unit is responsible for developing a strategic approach to commissioning, working jointly with neighbouring authorities, the Clinical Commissioning Group and Public Health. The team is responsible for reviewing and managing all provider contracts and providing quality assurance for all commissioned services. The team leads market shaping, engagement and development.
The post holder should demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working at a senior level in a large organisation and across a range of partners.
- Experience of working across a range of key stakeholders, and across a range of different governing arrangements
- Experience of line-management
- Experience of successfully leading and implementing major change initiatives within the public or private sector
- Experience of managing multiple projects and programmes simultaneously and successfully delivering to timescales
- Experience of resource and financial management during times of public sector austerity
- Experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups, managing ambiguity and delivering organisations outcomes
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation, the key national and local policy issues, and of the challenges being set by the changing agenda relating to local government
- Experience of using IT in order to analyse and aggregate data, manage budgets, build financial models, and develop and track savings
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development such as APM, LEAN, Prince 2, MSP
- Degree educated or equivalent level experience.
About the job:
The role will specifically deliver the Innovation programme as outlined above, but will also be integrated as part of the Joint Commissioning Unit. This post is a 2 year fixed term contract or a 2 year secondment.
The post holder will report to the Head of the Joint Commissioning Unit. The programme will drive change and innovation for complex issues in social care and edge of care services and it is intended that the programme will deliver efficiencies across the sub region.
This is a sub-regional programme to develop breadth of provision for Looked After Children across the footprint of seven Local Authorities. We are seeking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager who is familiar with Children’s Services to help drive forward this exciting initiative to deliver a commissioning solution for the sub region.
The aim of this programme is to improve outcomes and opportunities for local, at risk and vulnerable Children and Young people in the sub-region within limited resources and by achieving value for money.