Governor Services Officer
Governor Services Officer
Management Grouping: Finance and Corporate Services Team: Governor Support Services Location: Bexleyheath Salary: GBP19,917 - GBP29,517 Contract: Permanent - 36 hours Closing Date: Wednesday 2 nd May 2018 Interview Date: w/c Monday 14 th May 2018 Job reference: FCS
Are you a trained expert clerk?
Are you able to work flexibly in the evenings and occasional weekends and have an ability to travel around the borough?
If the answer is yes to these questions we need you.
You are a self-motivated individual, and can work as a member of the team providing professional support and advice services to school and academy governing bodies.
You will be responsible for supporting a caseload of schools and academies internal and around Bexley by advising governors and Head teachers on legislative and procedural issues and to help them resolve complex issues. This will involve travelling around the borough attending governing body, exclusion hearings and committee meetings in order to take notes and prepare accurate minutes and documentation and offer advice.
Meetings take place at various times during the day and evening, with occasional weekend work.
A good standard of education is essential for this post, particularly around literacy, to ensure that minutes are of an accurate and high standard. Relevant experience is essential and you must have knowledge of current and recent educational issues as they impact on governance or Bexley's schools.
You will also need an ability to work to tight deadlines, on your own initiative, and be confident in offering advice to Head Teachers, Councillors, governors and other professionals.
You will have excellent organisational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years' service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme - Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
- Closing Date for your application: 02/05/2018
- Please visit our website via the button below to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: w/c 14/05/2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Follow us on