Security Assurance Manager
Job Title: Security Assurance Manager – 27960 - DCMS
CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 5th March 2018 @ 14.30
The Maximum Pay Rate: £450 Umbrella or £358.32 PAYE
Contract Length: 6 Months- ASAP Start
Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for a Security Assurance Manager with SC (ideally DV) & experience of Government Department Records Managerment & security. Detail below.
Job Description – Corporate Services Adviser (CSA) The CSA leads a small mixed team of contractors and Civil Servants in the delivery and maintenance of the core requirements and services that ensure the safety and security of the department’s most important assets; it’s staff and the information they generate.
Required Experience Essential
1. Records Management experience from either a private or central government organisation:
- Knowledge of the role of a Department Records Officer (DRO),
- Knowledge of central government records practices and procedures,
- Experience with either (or both) of the government’s recognised IT operating platforms; O365 or Google (Drive/AODocs), and how best to exploit embedded records processes,
- Working with physical and ‘born digital’ records covering:
- Records lifecycle management,
- Accessioning to The National Archives,
- Retention schedules and how they are calculated,
- Awareness of the emerging General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its impact on the public and private sectors,
- Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) experience,
- Working knowledge of the Public Records Act (1958),
2. Security experience of both physical and data security measures:
- Deep knowledge and experience of government security measures and how they are applied including: incident management, basic cyber awareness (including Phishing), vetting, education and awareness training
- Knowledge of the Transforming Government Security Programme (TGSP) and the new ‘Cluster’ approach,
- Demonstrable ability educate both senior and junior staff in security awareness training; induction through to continuity.
- Working knowledge of the Government Security Policy Framework (2014),
- Experience of working with all levels of Government’s Security Classifications (OFFICIAL, SECRET & TOP SECRET),
- Awareness of government vetting procedures and the newly established UK Security Vetting (UKSV) service.
- Working knowledge of the Data Protection Act (1998). Role will be expected to lead on the management & execution of DCMS Subject Access Requests (SAR) prior to being outsourced
- Demonstrable ability to engage with junior and senior staff alike,
- Managing external contracts and Memorandums of Understanding (MoU),
- Good communications skills,
- Good presentational and written skills,
- Ability to work flexibly and at pace.
- Innate understanding of how central government operates.
If you are a Security Assurance Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience or clearance!