Head of Professionals Regulation
We are the regulator for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and registered pharmacies in Great Britain. Our main job is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public who need or use services from pharmacists or pharmacy technicians, or services provided at a registered pharmacy, in England, Scotland and Wales.
We are seeking a Head of Professionals Regulation within our Fitness to Practise directorate. You will be leading the team to work collaboratively and across to the GPhC to provide a high quality regulatory service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the performance of the team and guarantee the highest standards
- Ensure that concerns are appropriately investigated in line with policy and procedure
- Working with the Registrar and senior lawyers, make key decisions on Fitness to Practise cases
- Ensure that the data for cases are recorded and managed accurately
- Working with the senior lawyers to develop detailed plans for the investigations of allegations
- Along with the Head of Quality, Monitoring & Concerns develop and implement systems for quality assurance
- Contribute to the directorate plan
- Ensure that the team is properly resourced at all times
This role requires you to have extensive people management experience with a background in legal. The successful candidate will be able to lead business change and improve processes whilst also maintaining a streamlined regulatory service. You will possess the ability to grasp relevant legislative & regulatory requirements and deliver the desired outcomes.
In return, you can expect a rewarding and balanced work environment plus an excellent benefits package that includes 30 days holiday, access to the NHS pension, subsidised gym and season ticket loan.
If you feel you have the required experience and skills and would like to join us, please send your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for this role, as well the employment declaration form for this post, to:
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.