Passionate about working with children and families?
Looking for a new and rewarding childcare job?
Care Officer posts - 16 hours permanent with the opportunity to undertake additional temporary hours if required. GBP20,138 to GBP21,268 per annum GBP10.4381 to GBP11.0238 per hour
Situated in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, Golwg y Bannau and Golwg y Gamlas are specialist residential and short break homes welcoming children & young people with complex physical and/or learning disabilities.
They provide a 52 week provision for children & young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and offer regular overnight stays on weekdays, weekends and during school holidays. There are a number of Care Officer posts available for individuals who are passionate about working with young people and their families to ensure they have the best possible support when needed.
The ideal candidate must-
- A qualified level 3 / diploma in HSC Children & Young People or a predecessor qualification as stipulated by Social Care Wales. A willingness to undertake training and achieve the qualification within one year of commencement of employment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of working in residential / respite / Education provision
- Have experience of working with external agencies
- Both homes offer a pleasant and supportive working environment and an excellent range of benefits including-
- Annual Leave- 24 working days per annum. 28 days after five years' continuous employment in local government (Pro-rata for part time)
- LGPS pension scheme
- Free confidential staff support service
- A full staff Induction and regular professional supervision and a commitment to your professional development with opportunities to progress within the organisation
Please note Minimum age of Employment is 22 years old under National Minimum Standards for Children's Homes.