Project Manager (Senior Planning Officer)
Join our team in providing a customer-focussed Development Management service for Exeter
- We aim to enhance Exeter as the regional capital through working with partners to improve the quality of life for all people living, working in and visiting the city.
- We are committed to a growth agenda focussed on delivering new housing, supporting existing and new business, and a thriving city centre.
- Exeter is a great place to work. We offer flexible working arrangements in city centre offices with excellent public transport links.
Our Development Management service
- We have redesigned our service to be more responsive to customers.
- We spend a lot of time on site with our customers, striving to understand what matters to them and providing high quality free advice at the earliest opportunity.
- We pull Building Control and other Council expertise to make sure that our advice is comprehensive and our approvals are deliverable.
- We are striving to create an office environment which provides continuous mutual support and learning opportunities. We talk to each other a lot.
- Delivery of a range of developments from initial enquiry to completion.
- The post holder will focus on small and medium-sized major residential and business development projects, but is likely to be involved in the full range of applications we deal with - householder proposals, a variety of residential and business schemes, changes of use, advertisements, work to trees and more.
- Initial planning investigation work, appeals, certificate of lawfulness applications and permitted development enquiries.
- A 'can-do' attitude is the quality we most value.
- We are looking for somebody, preferably with RTPI Membership, who is keen to extend their skills in Development Management in a delivery-focussed urban planning authority.
- Previous Development Management experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation are essential.
- Great oral and written communication skills are essential.
To find out more about any of these posts please contact Roger Clotworthy or Leigh Powell on , or email.