Senior Transport Planner
£45000 pa as part of an excellent package
We are looking for a Senior Transport Planner with a minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in in transport planning / transportation / development planning. Detail below.
About the role
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure are recruiting a Senior Transport Planner to join our growing team in the Cambridgeshire region, working in partnership with Skanska to deliver Professional Services consultancy to their Term Maintenance Contracts.
You will be a highly motivated individual to help mobilise a new Capita presence in the East Midlands region. The vision is to establish a small team of up to 10 staff in year one of the contract and then grow incrementally thereafter responding to local opportunities.
The role will see you based in Huntingdon, with a team of transport planning professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the Capita Infrastructure business,
What you will do:
- Preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
- Undertake traffic modelling using ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-Paramics, VISSIM and SATURN;
- Assist with data collection, to include parking surveys and trip counts; analyse and present the results;
- Providing technical information to project design teams;
- Applying quality requirements to own work and work of team for quality and accuracy of technical output.
- Ability to manage resources to align with changing workload patterns to meet project demands;
- Prepare fee proposals for packages of work;
- Access the contractual and commercial exposure a package of work may have and initiate the necessary mitigation measures;
- Set and work to deadlines and targets, for oneself and others;
- Compliance with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice;
- Working in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of the overall design.
Your experience will include:
- A minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience in in transport planning / transportation / development planning.
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of good communication skills at both a written and verbal level.
- The ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
- A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
- Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
- Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
- Proven experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
- Proven experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development;
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you are a Senior Transport Planner, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you.
Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!