Assistant Project Manager/Civil Engineer - Water/Waste Water
Assistant Project Manager/Civil Engineering - 46525
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager/Civil Engineering with experience in the detail below.
We have a vacancy in our Belfast office for an Assistant Project Manager/Civil Engineer to join our team delivering building and civil engineering projects mainly water and waste water infrastructure. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team you will coordinate feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage project management.
You will be joining a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Water / Wastewater, Highways, Transportation, Building, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
About Us: Capita Property Infrastructure is one of the UKs largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector. We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed. We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc, a FTSE member and the UKs leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions. We are well renowned for delivering Project Management Services and Procurement Expertise on Water/Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects. Over 20 years we have retained and grown a portfolio of Public and Private Sector Clients.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Civil/structural Engineering
- Up to 5 years industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office Proficient
- AutoCAD Proficient
- A full driving licence
- Experience in design of water/waste water, roads & Infrastructure
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management
- Programming (MS Project or similar)
- MapInfo / GIS
- BIM / 3D Modelling
Responsible for delivery of building and civil engineering projects including water and waste water, roads and infrastructure including:
- Representing Employers throughout the full life cycle of projects.
- Assisting with feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
- Working with other design team members in an integrated design team approach.
- Procurement including preparation of contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Construction stage project management, monitoring progress against programme, assessing costs for works completed and ensuring quality.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of civil engineering and project management. Candidates will be keen to progress to Chartered Status and undertake additional job-specific training.
If you are an Assistant Project Manager/Civil Engineer, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!