Assistant Quantity Surveyor - 48278
We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor. Detail below.
About the role
We have a vacancy for an Assistant Surveyor to join our QS team working on a range of health and infrastructure projects worth over £200m. The role will provide effective surveying assistance to senior and team colleagues as directed to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is maintained on projects.
You will also working as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage cost management.
What you will do:
- Drawing measurements: Taking off and producing budget cost estimates and cost planning.
- Tender document production
- Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Work and Activity Schedule preparation.
- Assisting the development of cost plans
- Initial value engineering
- Reviewing tender returns
- Attending design team meetings
- Site visits to review application for payment.
- Continuing development of cost plans
- Valuation certificate production
- Reviewing contractor's application for payment.
- Analysis of sub-contractor packages with contractor
- Preparation of financial reports during the construction phase.
- Final account information: Review Contractor submissions and report accordingly Production for review and issue.
- Participate in value engineering workshops and analysis of findings.
- Providing general support for senior surveyors and above on all aspects of the QS role both pre contract and post contract.
- Provide project information to marketing and cost planning as required.
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Quantity Surveying. Candidates will be keen to progress to Chartered Status and undertake additional job-specific training.
Your experience will include:
- HNC, HND, BSc/ MSc in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards Chartered (RICS) status
- Between 2-5 years industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Office Proficient
- A full driving licence
- Good planning and organising skills
- Strong time management skills
- Team working
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in health or building sectors
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management (to discuss with MA/LS)
- Programming (MS Project or similar) (to discuss with MA/LS)
- BIM Proficient
If you are an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!