• Job Title: Project Manager – 26381
• CV Deadline: Wednesday 27th December 2017 @ 09:00
• Daily Rates: £405 - £540 UMBRELLA / £322.49- £429.99 PAYE
• Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
• Location: South East: Andover/Sutton Coldfield/Catterick/High Wycombe/Warminster
• Contract Length: 02/01/2018 to 30/03/2018
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for Project Managers with SC & experience of the detail below & ideally the DIO/MoD.
The Defence Estates Optimisation (DEO) programme was mobilised in late 2016 to deliver the MOD’s footprint strategy (FS) also announced in part as a better Defence Estate in parliament in Nov 2016. The FS outlines a programme that will contribute to achieving a 30% reduction in the MOD built estate by 2040 & release surplus land for potential housing while delivering receipts and reducing estate running costs. There is a requirement to provide resources to deliver the programme of activity within the Defence Infrastructure Organisation.
Project Manager skills/experience required -
- Establishment of brief and budgets
- Design development – management of the design team
- Town Planning process – management of the team undertaking activities required to achieve planning
- Procurement process – management of the production of tender documentation appropriate to selected procurement route, management of tender process, evaluation and selection of contractor
- Construction start up – enabling works, site preparation, contractor briefing, mobilisation activities
- Construction – management of process including progress, quality, change control, delay mitigation, contract administration
- Handover – completion certification, commissioning and user training, handover documentation, snagging and defect rectification
In addition need to demonstrate experience of managing the following areas throughout the construction process:
- Health & Safety – familiarity with CDM
- Risk management and mitigation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Dispute avoidance/resolution
Project Manager responsibilities -
- Provides a monthly programme report that identifies progress, key risks and issues.
- Managing the day to day interface between businesses as usual and Portal, ensuring that this relationship is positive and productive and that the correct balance is maintained
- Coordinated Portal Programme based answers to PQ and other official questions.
- Project initiation and definition of required deliverable and governance models
- Planning across all stages of the project lifecycle and obtaining appropriate levels of sign-off
- Ensuring projects are delivered to agreed time, cost, quality and compliance objectives
- Management of the project on a day to day basis to deliver in line with agreed project plans
- Execution of project plan, monitoring progress and taking all necessary actions and escalations where appropriate
- Reporting progress at agreed intervals to the project board
- Engaging and communicating effectively with key business and client stakeholders
- Ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge to ensure positive outcome
- Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, including action mitigation
- Issue and dependency management with appropriate stakeholder communication
- Provision of accurate project and financial status updates
- To ensure that the status of the Programme is communicated effectively at the various internal and external Boards.
- Produce programme status reports (according to the guidelines defined by the EO Programme Management Office) for presentation to each of the Governance Boards.
- Management and accountable for the programme risks, issues, dependencies and other governance logs.
- Ensure communication of key business information and messages in line with MoD and DIO policies.
If you are a Project Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience or clearance!