Chartered Surveyor - Govt/Local Govt - Property
• Job Title: Chartered Surveyor - 25418 – Govt Prop Unit (GPU)
• Daily Pay Rates: £265 Ltd
• Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
• Location: Nationwide
• Contract Length: 4 months/ad hoc
• Security Clearance Level Required: BPSS(DS)
We are looking for a Chartered Surveyor with Government/Local Government Property experience, a willingness to travel and to be flexible on working hours. Detail below.
One Public Estate (OPE) is a pioneering initiative developed and delivered in partnership between the Government Property Unit (GPU) and the Local Government Association (LGA). Created in 2013, it channels funding and support through councils to deliver ambitious property-based projects in collaboration with central government departments and wider public sector partners. Experts recruited to the Pool of Experts will be required for periods dictated by need and a no-notice call-off period will be in place to support projects across the One Public Estate programme. Positions are not full time or permanent and would suit those looking to undertake work on an ad-hoc basis and across a wide geographical area
This post is working as part of the One Public Estate programme Pool of Experts and is therefore based across a wide range of English councils in all English regions.
You will be required for periods dictated by project need and would therefore suit those looking to undertake work on a flexible basis across a regional area. A no-notice call-off period will be in place.
You will :
- Provide advice on valuations and apportionments for inheritance tax, capital gains tax and other taxes, and will provide technical advice and guidance to clients in related areas of work. You may deal with a large individual case load, including providing expert witness evidence at planning appeals and public inquiries and delivering quality work to deadlines.
- Be involved in marketing sector specific services, maintaining and developing client relationships, and inputting to tenders for new work.
- Record time spent on cases for charging purposes and to ensure value for money and will identify and escalate new business opportunities in related work areas.
Experience required :
- Awareness and understanding of the key current Government policies and priorities on housing and receipts and the contribution of the public sector in delivering these.
- An understanding of One Public Estate programme.
- An understanding of the economics of land and the application of this to programme performance and delivery.
- Experience of producing briefings for internal and external stakeholders;
- Taking a strategic view of how property impacts on the business objectives of the organisation.
- Providing professional assurance for their own work.
- Managing complex technical risks and decisions and seeking specialist expertise as necessary.
- Communicating effectively to stakeholders and diverse audiences on professional matters.
- Maintaining up-to-date property sector knowledge, demonstrating commercial awareness and applying knowledge, experience and skills effectively.
If you are a Chartered Surveyor & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!