Senior Design Engineer - Traffic/Highways
Senior Design Engineer - 50220
Barnet/Re(Regional Enterprise Ltd)
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer with experience of Traffic/Highway design & Traffic & Transport Polices/Legislation. Detail below.
About the role - We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to assist in the effective and efficient promotion, design and execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis. Reporting to the Traffic and Development Manager, you will advise and support on matters related to service functions and act as specialist advisor on key activities within the Traffic team.
Highways - With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs. In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the councils growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections. The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnets complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re. From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities. The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment.
What you will do:
- Undertake research, evaluation, design and implementation of a variety of schemes and projects of varying complexity.
- Assist in determining, planning and achieving a rolling programme of work for the team;
- Assist in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals
- Lead in the preparation, supervision and administration of associated consultants commissions or contracts, including assisting in negotiating with other external agencies which include; government departments, Mayor of London etc
- Assist in reviewing work undertaken and advise on improvements, where necessary, leading on the introduction of new methods to ensure efficiency
- Liaise with other Agencies and Bodies to co-ordinate projects, attending meetings and representing the Council and/or service as necessary
- To keep up to date with the latest developments relevant to the service and act as specialist advisor
- Draft Committee reports which may cover policy issues and to implement decisions arising from them
Your experience will include:
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway design
- General Knowledge of Traffic and Transport Polices and Legislation
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
- Member of an appropriate highways institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc)
- Managing complex engineering projects
- Experience of working with Consultants / Contractors
- Use of AutoCAD
If you are a Senior Design Engineer, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t meet the experience required!