Highways Asset Manager - 49607 - Barnet/Warrington/Blackburn/Nort
Highways Asset Manager – 49607 – Barnet/Warrington/Blackburn/North Tyneside - £30-55k
We are seeking a highly motivated Highways Asset manager who will play a key role in delivering Highway Asset Management by providing technical support / guidance / direction across the four Technical Partnerships and UK wide. We have a growth plan which requires an individual with drive, technical experience in the field of Highway Asset Management and who strives to deliver a first class service to our clients.
This role will provide input into a number of clients across the UK, so can be based out of one of our offices across England, including Barnet, Warrington, Blackburn and North Tyneside. The role will require some traveling at times.
The Highway Asset Manager will provide technical guidance, direction and support to deliver all aspects of the Highway Asset Management service to our Technical Partnerships, external clients and stakeholders. You will provide technical input to implement asset management practices / principles into the highway services across Capitas partners and clients. The role will be to provide technical input on the development / implementation of a Highway Asset Management Plan (HAMP), Highway Asset Management Framework (HAMF) document and the Highway Management Plan (HMP). The role will provide technical input to enable the completion of the highway self-assessment questionnaire, the mandatory data returns to the Department for Transport (DfT), implementation of the revised Codes of Practice (CoP) for Well-managed Highways and provide technical support and guidance to all stakeholders in all matters pertaining to highway asset management. The role will support the completion of the Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) by providing the necessary condition data of the highway assets to enable North Tyneside Council (NTC) to meet its financial return obligations. The technical officer will become a technical expert in the integrated asset management systems currently operating across the technical partnerships.
Key Technical Responsbilities:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical guidance and support, working under the direction of the Technical Director to deliver the role of Highway Asset Manager for the highway infrastructure services, both across our Technical Partnerships and external local authority clients.
- Provide technical guidance and support for the development and implementation of the Highway Asset Management Plan (HAMP), Highway Asset Management Framework (HAMF) and the Highway Management Plan (HMP).
- Provide technical guidance and direction on the implementation of the recommendations documented in HMEP Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Guidance document and other recommendations pertaining to the HMEP resources/toolkits.
- Provide technical guidance and direction on the submission of the Department for Transport (DfT) Highway Challenge Fund bids.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to deliver the annual statutory returns for the DfT.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to deliver the requirements and submission for CIPFA WGA annual submission, working in partnership with the Accountancy teams in our Technical Partnerships.
- Develop and input into the implementation of asset management policies/practices in line with the ISO55000 framework.
- Provide technical input into the development of the data management strategy and maintenance of inventory / survey data relating to the Highway Asset Management Plan, including preparing annual financial reports.
- Provide updates to senior officers / elected members and attend briefings / meetings pertaining to highway asset management.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and awareness
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of asset management.
- Have experience of Highway Asset Management including HMEP and DfT requirements.
- Experience of having worked within a highway service for a Local Authority for a period of three (private or public sector).
- Understanding of the standard requirements for ISO55000.
- Educated to HND / HNC level qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Understanding of local authority service delivery needs.
- Good communication skills
- Desirable Experience/Skills
- Member of an appropriate Professional Body (ICE/IHT/IAM).
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and clients (inc Members and officers).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to challenge others to deliver results.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent listening, communication and interpretive skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
- Enthusiasm for the role.
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
- Educated to degree level / Management qualification.
Whats in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arent optional extras: theyre how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 days holiday,company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you are an Highways Asset Manager, have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!