Senior Finance Manager (Education and Schools)
We are looking for a high performing, enthusiastic and technically sound individual with excellent financial and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Education and Schools Finance, and/or Children's Services.
In addition, the key responsibilities of the post holder will include;
- Leading on the Authority Pro-forma Tool to the EFSA and statutory returns, including the S251 budget and outturn
- Leading the liaison with schools in terms of budgets, financial returns and payment of funding
- Monitoring of schools with large balances and schools in deficit
- Key finance officer on the Schools Forum
- Proactive analysis of financial and non-financial information, benchmarking etc to facilitate strategic budget decisions
- Development of budget approach and financial strategy for Education and Schools, including the DSG and national formula
- Taking responsibility for providing sound, pro-active financial advice and technical accounting support services
- Leading in the reporting of education revenue and capital expenditure and forecasts both internally and externally
In addition to strong technical skills, we hope that you will be able to evidence leadership qualities such as building effective working relationships, initiating and delivering improvements, political awareness and inspiring colleagues.
This is a small team of five and therefore, resilience and a willingness to work to your best at whatever comes your way is essential.
For an informal discussion please contact: - Russell Dyer
Additional salary details
Plus benefit package of GBP2,724 pa pro rota (this can be taken as cash) Benefits are annually reviewable!!
Southwark operates in a new open plan office in a central London location; flexible working; 33 days annual leave
Closing date: Sunday 1 October 2017.
Interview and assessment date: 16 October 2017.