Team Manager - Referral & Assessment
Team Manager - Referral & Assessment
Total Annual Salary & Benefits Package of GBP49,683 to GBP56,037
(made up of salary of GBP44,406 to GBP50,760, GBP3,000 Market Premium
and GBP2,277 Choices Benefit to be taken as cash or towards a lease car)
- Relocation Expenses up to GBP8,000
- PRP with the potential for a 5% annual bonus
- Reimbursement of HCPC fees
- Up to 32 days Annual Leave • Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- MyChoice Staff Benefits with Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme,
- high street shopping vouchers and online discounts
- Fantastic new offices • Subsidised parking
- Home working opportunities and excellent IT equipment
Bexley Children's Services is seeking ambitious and committed Team Managers in Children's Social Care who are passionate about relationship based practice with families. You are going to lead the way with our frontline practitioners who are working with 'signs of safety', collaborating and strengthening our families.
As Team Manager, you will be the critical link between your team and senior managers. This role will be focused on influencing, encouraging, leading and managing your team. We have highly developed performance data that you will analyse to drive through improvements and improved practices.
You will also be committed to relationship based social work, family group conferences and signs of safety practice. We are prioritising and leading the development of a strong and reflective learning culture which enables good relationship based practice to thrive. We are looking for resilient, experienced professionals to drive an ever more relentless focus on high quality experiences for families enabled by solid and dedicated social work.
You will bring vision, passion, leadership skills and an operational expertise to facilitate the changes that we have begun to make. We are looking for experienced practitioners who can evidence how learning has been applied in their practice and with an excellent track record of improving the lives of children. We are an exciting place to be!
We have a number of exciting CPD opportunities including:
- Diploma in Systemic Supervision
- MA Advanced Child Protection
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in Leadership, Management and Supervision.
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in Effective practice.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTLLS)
- Motivational Interviewing
- ABE Awareness Training
- Signs of Safety Practice Leader Programme
Our talent management programme will support career progression for all social workers from our newly qualified to our managers and aspiring managers. The programme is made up of our CPD offer, our Aspiring Leaders, Bexley Leaders programmes and the Firstline Leadership programmes.
We have 3 assessment teams, who undertake child and family assessments working closely with the local police and health agencies.
Once the assessment has identified the issues and the child's level of need, Children's Social Care (CSC) may recommended the family are signposted to support provided to another services, they may be transferred to our early help family wellbeing service or transferred to a social worker in CSC to provide an ongoing service in one of the Family Support & Child Protection locality teams. Bexley has adopted the 'Signs of Safety' approach across all its teams.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
How to apply
- Closing Date for your application: 8 October 2017
- Please visit our website via the button below to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service (If applicable)
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on