Bid Coordinator - Highways, Rail or Environment
Bid Coordinator – 48426 – East Grinstead – £30-35k
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure are looking to appoint a Bid Coordinator who shall play a key business support role within our East Grinstead office. The main business areas fall within the Highways, Rail and Water & Environment sectors so bid support experience relating to one of these industries would be advantageous.
Capita Property and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed
The Bid/Proposal Coordinator is the person who directly supports the local business leads and wider infrastructure sales teams as a support function to the Infrastructure Division bidding and proposal generation activities. You shall be responsible for supporting throughout the bid lifecycle from qualification to contract signature. Providing support and at times, dependant on value/complexity, lead each opportunity as a project, driving inputs from across the business to meet required timescales and quality in-line with the client’s buying process.
Bid management / production:
- Coordinate the deliverables in the preparation and organisation of bids and direct business development submissions
- Undertake client / competitor analysis
- Ensure the corporate bid process is implemented and understood to ensure that quality, commercial, and legal requirements are always met
- Coordinate internal commercial reviews where necessary
- Work closely with graphic design teams to develop high quality and visually engaging proposals
- Monitor sales pipeline through CRM system Salesforce and support sales teams with conversion of leads
- Be an advocate of best practice across all businesses
- Contribute to business planning workshops as required
- Support the development of quality marketing materials to support strategic business development activity in alignment with the Marketing and Communications Team
- Trade event coordination
- Proactively market regional 'wins' in collaboration with local, regional and national PR teams
- Coordinate TBC business development meetings
- Provide dedicated support to key sector leads by developing and maintaining a strong understanding of service offering, market trends and sector activity,
- Support and promote best practice and knowledge sharing
- Ensure in depth understanding of Salesforce capabilities and use as a tool to undertake marketing activity
- Ensure Salesforce opportunities are up to date and hold accurate management information
- Ensure bid performance information is collated as requested
- Ensure a consistent approach to knowledge management across Capita Infrastructure
- Ensure an in depth understanding of the Capita BMS in relation to relevant business development/bidding processes
- Hold a basic understanding of Capita Legal showstoppers and coordinate the legal review process within the bid team with the Capita Legal team
- Five years’ experience in Bid Management in a service environment
- Holds or working towards a Higher Education Qualification
- Desirable - APMP Foundation preferably APMP Practitioner
- CRM and InDesign competent
- Ideally industry sector experience within Highways, Rail or the Environment
What’s in it for you?
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share ownership scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Our business is a fast emerging player in the property and infrastructure consultancy markets, capable of challenging the ‘status quo’ and delivering outstanding client facing results.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
Our culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
We invest heavily in our people, recognising that our staff are our most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
All of this in a professional but fun environment.
If you meet the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
If you dont have the experience please dont apply!