Senior ITS Consultant Engineer - Highways & Rail
Senior ITS Consultant/Engineer – 47987 – East Grinstead - £40-50k
We are looking for a Senior ITS Consultant/Engineerto work in East Grinstead – details below.
About the role
Capita Technology are currently recruiting for an to support Associate Directors, Associates, Principal Consultants, other Senior Consultants and Consultants level staff operating predominately in the Intelligent Transport Systems (Highways and Rail) sector.
Reporting to the Principal Consultant/Associate ITSL, the role encompasses a broad range of activities from, but not limited to:
- Data Capture, Verification and Analysis Services;
- Highways Traffic Management Systems including UTMC & UTC systems, telephony, signals, message signs, CCTV, SCADA, Incident Detection etc.;
- Local and Wide Area Networking technologies;
- Detection, Enforcement and Road User Charging Systems;
- Rail Retail Telecoms including telephony, PAVA, PHP, CIS, CCTV etc.; and
- Initiatives on new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the future covering detection, management and enforcement.
The post provides an opportunity to join a successful team which is key to supporting Capitas Technology Team vision of becoming an international leader in the field of Technology consultancy.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, a FTSE 100 member and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental, management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK and Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
- The role will be to provide management and technical assistance to Project Managers and a variety of teams in the delivery of a range of multidisciplinary projects that involve Enforcement, Electrical, Telecommunications, Structural and Civil Engineering.
- In addition to developing skills in a specialist field, the successful candidate will be encouraged to take on responsibility and learn new skills in what is a growing industry sector; blurring the line between systems and service, technology and infrastructure.
- Act as Project Assistant and prepare project plans, programmes, meeting minutes, technical reports and financial monitoring applications;
- Assist with the Data Quality management aspects of out-sourced Asset management Systems;
- Production of Monthly Project Progress reports, performance management data and preparation for client meeting packs;
- Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Highways England Traffic Management Systems and / or other ITS Systems such as CCTV, Traffic Measurement, ANPR, UTMC etc.;
- Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Network Rail, RfL and TfL Station Upgrade and Improvement Systems such as SISS, CCTV, PAVA, PHP, CIS etc.;
- Manage sub-contractors and the associated certification of works;
- Implement Corporate quality management procedures to ISO 9001;
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001), Environmental (ISO 14001) and other appropriate regulations.
Your experience will include:
- A background in highways technology or a similar technical environment, for example rail, light-rail, utilities, defence, ICT (Information & Communications Technology), security, electrical, telecommunications;
- Degree/HNC educated in an Engineering, Electrical/Electronic or other related discipline
- Highly motivated, versatile and enthusiastic, target driven and customer focused;
- Able to work well in a team environment and willing to take responsibility and supervise others if required e.g. suppliers, leading work packages etc;
- Task oriented, and responsible for their individual performance targets and contribution to team performance targets;
- Good communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships by communicating effectively at all levels within the business, and with Clients and other organisations;
- Good written communications skills with the ability to produce reports and other documents to exacting standards;
- Project Management awareness and understanding; Self-starting and motivated to get the job done with a right first time mentality
Whats in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arent optional extras: theyre how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!