Distributed Systems Engineer - MoD
• Job Title: Distributed Systems Engineer – 24718 - DoAC
• CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 21/09/17 @ 15:15pm
• Daily Pay Rate: £300.10 PAYE / £375 Umbrella
• Hours: Daily 7.4 weekly 37
• Location: South West:Bristol: Abbey Wood
• Contract Length: ASAP for 6 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for a Distributed Systems Engineer with SC, experience of DE&S ,coding in Java/Scala/big data technologies & distributed systems. Detail below.
The Distributed Systems Engineer will work as part of an Agile team taking a lead role in guiding the building and management of the distributed system. They will be hands-on coding in Java/Scala and other open source and ‘big data’ technologies. They will deliver high quality software, supported by automated tests and documentation. The candidate must have significant experience with distributed system.
The post supports SAW6 who leads, as the UAST Programmable Elements (PE) Subject Matter Expert (SME) all activity relating to PE in support of all UAS platforms/projects.
- To support the UAST PE Safety Assurance expert in providing advice and guidance on all aspects of PE safety assurance including cyber security.
- Tasks Support the writing and development of UAS Team and UAS Team programmes’ PE Safety Assurance strategies and plans. Support the development of an agreed format for presenting the module/element assurance case into the PE certification process and system safety case.
- Support the management, planning, execution and reporting on PE Safety Assurance activities for UAS Team programmes as directed by UAS-SAW/SAW6, for PE.
- Support the evaluation and reporting on contractor’s assurance or integrity argument for each PE module and item that has safety relevant requirements, for the TAA/SAW to accept.
- Supporting the review of PE lifecycle data used to support arguments.
- Supporting desk-top reviews of PE documentation including programme coding standards and PE development planning documents (including but not limited to the PSAC, SCMP, SQAP, SDP and SVP).
- Support the functional hazard analysis process.
- Support the provision of oversight and guidance to the Independent Technical Evaluation on PE.
- Attendance as required at UAST Software Safety Assurance forums and meetings.
- Supporting the Subject Matter Expert in the UAST for PE Safety Assurance activities of software and CEH; this includes supporting UAST personnel in the development of software competency, and keeping up-to-date with relevant training and currency on all aspects of PE safety.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you. James/No8
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the clearance or experience!