Development Control Engineer - Barnet
Development Control Engineer – 49128 – Barnet - £30-38k
About the role
We are looking for a Development Control Engineer to become a member of the Highways Development Control Projects Team. You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Traffic and Development Manager in ensuring the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway legal agreements (i.e. S38, S278 etc.)
Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery. Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning. Through Re, our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play. We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the councils growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnets complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re. From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What you will do:
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S184, S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify, quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
- To ensure that accurate financial information (including forecasting) is provided in relation to ensuring the services business objectives are met.
- Management of detailed records for all schemes; Ensure delivery of legal agreements, calculation and collection of financial bonds, commuted sums and fees.
- To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
- To liaise with internal and external partners to ensure triggers for payments are identified and acted upon and to ensure payments are received
Your experience will include:
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
- Wide experience of highways development management and / or related highways discipline
- Experience of highway design, construction and drainage techniques
- General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Membership of an appropriate highway institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc.)
Whats in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arent optional extras theyre how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!