Development Travel Plan Co-ordinator - Barnet
Development Travel Plan Co-ordinator – 49127 – Barnet - £36k
About the role
Regional Enterprise are looking for a Development Travel Plan Co-ordinator to manage the Councils approach to Development Travel Planning including the assessment of Travel Plans at all stages of Travel Plan development, implementation, monitoring and review. Development, promotion and co-ordinating the delivery of initiatives, aimed at reducing the number of car-based trips in the borough of Barnet.
Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery. Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning. Through Re, our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play. We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
With 700km of road and 1400km of footways, the London Borough of Barnet is the second largest of the London Boroughs.
In 2015, the London Borough of Barnet became the most populous borough in London. This increase has been driven in part by the councils growth agenda and by the popularity of Barnet as a place to live, with high quality housing and good transport connections.
The management, maintenance and improvement of Barnets complex and vital network is the responsibility of the Highways department of Re. From construction to completion; our highways team deal with all elements of highway design and works not only for Barnet, but for other local authorities.
The London Borough of Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
What you will do:
- Oversee the assessment of, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of Travel Plans for businesses, residents and other organisations, including the monitoring of DTP development and regular monitoring
- Lead on developer negotiations through the development control process to secure outcome based travel plans, which reduce the need for additional car borne trips and establish more sustainable travel patterns
- Assist with the assessment of planning applications and the discharge of conditions and obligations
- Manage budget preparation and the monitoring of relevant set budgets to ensure Best Value
- Regularly review the Councils Development Travel Plan Strategy ensuring the strategy is effectively linked with other appropriate policy areas such as education and health
- Manage, monitor and report on relevant performance indicators
- To be responsible for the preparation of Development Travel Plan related marketing communications and related material, including drafting press and publicity material
- Produce management and Committee reports, technical documents and statistics in relation to Development Travel Plans
Your experience will include:
- Thorough experience in travel planning or relevant experience
- Degree in relevant discipline, or relevant experience ; Travel Planning, Transport Planner
- Good knowledge of current legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability plan, prioritise and monitor workloads to meet deadlines
- Experience of Budget Management
Whats in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arent optional extras theyre how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!