Post Title: Commissioning Manager#
Salary: Grade 10 (41,025 - GBP45,657)
We are recruiting for a commissioning manager in the People Keeping Well division of the People Portfolio Commissioning Service.
The post will be responsible to the Strategic Commissioning Manager with responsibly for commissioning services for vulnerable adults and young people to live independently in their own homes.
The post will be responsible for managing a small number of officers and assistant officers in the service and will take the lead on a number of projects.
This will include reviewing and remodelling services (in the first instance one piece of work will be remodelling and procuring services for young people 16 -25 who become homeless or are care leavers) , working with statutory and voluntary sector partners, ensuring service user voice is reflected in the commissioned services, being responsible for the smooth management of IT systems, data collection and analyses.
Successful candidates will need to be:
• well organised
• experienced in staff management and managing change
• have a good knowledge and understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults and young people either from work within adult social care, homelessness or young people' s type services
• able to understand the legal and commercial requirements for funding, procuring services and contract management
• able to research best practice and understand data monitoring to develop robust needs assessments
• able to work across statutory and voluntary sectors and work with a variety of service users
• understand the requirements of working in local government
• working within fixed and often reducing budgets
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
Please DO NOT apply Online for this vacancy but complete the downloadable Word document and send in an email as an attachment to
Please find below the Job Description/Person Spec, Application Form, Health Risks Specification Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Salary: Grade 10 (GBP41,025 - GBP45,657). Date posted: 06/07/2017