Senior Manager - Income Strategy and Policy
For full details on the following vacancy, visit www.wirral.gov.uk. Details can also be downloaded free of charge from Wirral Libraries and One Stop Shops.
Applications returnable by Friday 9th June,
Please quote reference number BS/04/002
Senior Manager - Income Strategy and Policy BS/04/002
Permanent Band EPO15
Full Time 36 Hours per week £53,706 - £56,356
To provide strategic direction to the Revenues and Benefits Service. Initially this will involve a secondment to work within the Transaction Centre to identify, assess and progress the distinction between the client and customer/contract roles and responsibilities.
Knowledge & Skills:
• An understanding, of finance within the public sector.
• Good understanding of finance based upon practical experience and qualifications maintained through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
• Good understanding of the key strategies, policies and procedures applicable to the Revenues & Benefits Services.
• Evidence of delivering improvement in the areas of Revenues & Benefit Services.
• Wide and in-depth work experience of financial management covering the range of Revenues & Benefits Services.
• Evidence of ability to set, manage and report on financial and performance data.
• Member of a professional body together with full relevant Professional Qualification recognised by the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) or Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV).
• Evidence setting targets and managing performance delivery within a client / contractor relationship.
• Evidence of improvement in income collection or service performance as a consequence of improvements to strategies, policies or procedures.
• Evidence of commercial awareness in the maximisation of income.
• Of working at a senior level within Revenues & Benefits Services.
• Of proposing and delivering lasting improvements to the Service.
• Of engagement with Members and involvement with political procedures.
For further information and an informal discussion please contact Lisa Jamieson - Head of Customer Services 0151 666 3527.
Application packs for the above post are available from Transformation and Resources, Resources Team, Cheshire Lines Building, Canning Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 1ND (0151–606 2040); email email@example.com or apply online at www.wirral.gov.uk