Harlow Council holds a number of assets providing operational Council premises, leased property to commercial and community tenants and an infrastructure network serving the town’s residents. As part of our commitment to improving the services and facilities we deliver we are investing in our stock and infrastructure.
We are seeking to appoint an Estates Assistant to work within the Property and Facilities Management department. The role will be based at the Civic Centre in Harlow and be responsible for:
- Carrying out inspections on built assets and infrastructure (to include unadopted highway and drainage networks)
- Maintain records on asset condition
- Maintain, enhance and develop the performance of the Council’s property portfolio
- To assist in the maintenance and provision of GIS data
- Communicating with the public via the telephone, electronically and in writing
You must have a flexible approach to work, and be qualified to a minimum GCSE standard A-C (Maths and English or equivalent) and have experience of inspection and assessment works. You will be required to work within a variety of environments and in all weathers and be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in different situations.
If you think you can make a difference and want a real challenge, please apply.