Skynet6A Procurement lead - MoD - ISS
• Job Title: SKYNET 6A Procurement Lead – 24625 - DISS
• CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 14/09/17 @ 12:30
• Daily Pay Rate: £320.11 - £432.15 PAYE / £400 - £540 Umbrella
• Hours: Daily 7.4 weekly 37
• Location: South West: Corsham: Basil Hill Site
• Contract Length: ASAP to 16/06/18
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for a Procurement Lead with SC, experience of MoD procurement & the Space industry. Detail below.
The SKYNET 6 Delivery Team is responsible for the sustainment and development of the MOD’s strategic, worldwide communications capability from September 2022, when the current SKYNET 5 Private Finance Initiative contract expires. The SKYNET 5 PFI provides essential long-range communications services between the United Kingdom, deployed forces, military platforms and operational theatres worldwide. These resilient and reliable communications are delivered using a range of military and commercial solutions in space and on the ground.
The SKYNET 6 Delivery Team is tasked with ensuring continuity of this required capability and it’s future development to satisfy the ever increasing demand for long-range defence communications and to defeat the growing array of sophisticated threats. These posts are part of a team conducting the SKYNET 6A Assessment Phase which will use competitive tendering to select a preferred bidder for the acquisition of a UK sovereign military communications satellite to extend the Skynet 5 constellation out of service date to c.2028.
Essential skills are:
- Development of a Procurement Strategy and identify its goals, appropriate guidelines, price structures and payment terms.
- Management of the development of a detailed specification and supporting statement of work securing support from colleagues and specialists as necessary and ensuring the inclusion of appropriate performance monitoring criteria.
- Investigating the technical and commercial options for fulfilling the requirements, including identifying and engaging with potential suppliers, and agreeing the procurement plan with relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing and collating invitation to negotiate/tender documentation sets including developing rigorous tender evaluation and selection processes complying with government/MOD procedures to select suppliers which best meet the requirements.
- Negotiating with preferred suppliers to reach agreements that meet the requirements and are acceptable to both parties.
- Knowledge of the space industry, to understand the various suppliers who can meet the detailed requirements of this complex, multi-million pound military communications satellite procurement project.
- Previous experience of contracting for/managing technology development programmes
- They should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate within a complex, technical project environment, to ensure the MOD achieves the best price from suppliers.
- They will need to support MOD in developing strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers and work closely with MOD Commercial to ensure the optimum contract management and commercial approach is adopted.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you. James/No8
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the clearance or experience!
Apply for Skynet6A Procurement lead - MoD - ISS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly