Digital Manager - 12 month fixed term maternity cover
We are looking for a self-motivated and creative individual to lead the Digital Team for 12 months. As part of the Communications Management Team you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the strategic direction of our digital channels, including the website, intranet, social media and email marketing. With a number of exciting and challenging projects underway, the role requires someone with great communications skills and project management experience.
We would like the successful candidate to start by late October.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading our digital team including managing our website and intranet.
- Being a key strategic adviser to the Central Leadership Team on digital services and improvements.
- Providing strategic, editorial and technical advice to colleagues across the council.
- To find and implement new ways to connect with our residents and staff including the collection and use of big data, improving the customer's digital journey and improving our digital infrastructure.
- To increase resident engagement with the council's digital channels.
- To support the delivery of our communications campaigns.
You will have:
- Substantial experience of managing a digital team, preferably in the public sector.
- Content management experience with a solid understanding of Plain English and GDS (Government Digital Service) principles and UX design.
- Previously delivered successful and innovative digital marketing campaigns using social media and email marketing.
- Considerable knowledge of SEO, analytics, html, css and content management systems.
Tower Hamlets Council is looking for an exceptional person to lead our digital team and help transform the way the council operates.
The council is undergoing a major transformation with Communications and Marketing Service at the heart of its new approach.
We have an amazing story to tell. Tower Hamlets is building more homes than any other local authority; we are helping thousands of people into employment every year and our Ideas Stores, leisure centres and children's centres welcome over 4m people a year.
- 26 days annual leave, as well as extra days off at Christmas
- A range of family-friendly policies to ensure that employees achieve improved work life balance
- Childcare vouchers
- Local Government Pensions Scheme