Microstation/CAD Technician - Civil & Rail - 48619
Salary details: £26-30K
40 hour week/25 days holiday/Contributory company pension/Standard Capita Benefits
Employment type: Permanent
BCS have a Job for a Microstation/CAD technician to work on Rail and Civil projects in Leeds. As a Microstation Technician you will be responsible for producing drawings and manage drawing production for projects using specialised software which can include AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation and Projectwise. You will also provide training and support to junior staff whilst developing standards within the team.
You will be joining a large and successful team of over 70 people in one office and 20 specialised technicians. This leaves a lot of room for development and progression. We are looking for talent so varied experience will be considered and encouraged.
BCS Design Ltd provides a wide range of Civil, Structural, Geotechnical and Multi-Disciplinary Design solutions to the Rail, Highways and Civil / Structural Engineering sectors. 2014 winners of ACE/NCE consultant of the year. We bring a level of professionalism and flexibility that means that projects are completed on schedule, on budget and to the highest possible standards. The scope of our work extends from Rail projects to Highways and from Temporary works to CDM coordination.
BCS are part of Capita Property & Infrastructure which is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally.
- Oversees the delivery of non-strategic projects under guidance where required.
- Produces complex design drawings for all works.
- Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving.
- Develops solutions based on relevant best practice.
- Contributes to the delivery of innovative solutions for clients.
- Supervises/mentors more junior engineers & CAD technicians.
- Starting to run small jobs autonomously.
- Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure
- Appropriate further education qualification, HNC or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation, (AECOsim) and ProjectWise. If Autodesk user training may be given if experience is relevant.
- Able to use ProjectWise, and to maintain required CAD discipline
- Good working knowledge of Railway infrastructure, or allied discipline
- Able to provide detailed design and technical support to project engineers.
- Ability to confidently liaise with Clients, Project Managers and other Design Team members.
- Knowledge of appropriate BIM software solutions.
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary sectors and corporate business activities.
- Experience of supervising/mentoring more junior engineers & CAD technicians.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
If you have the experience required above please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Apply for CAD/Microstation Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly