Principal Structural Engineer - Bridges & Tunnels
Principal Structural Engineer – Bridges & Tunnels – 48720 – East Grinstead - £40-50k + Car/ Car Allowance
The vacancy is for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our structural engineering team based within the civil engineering business in our East Grinstead office. We are seeking candidates with significant postgraduate experience who are Chartered Engineers and have experience in the design and construction of heavy civil engineering structures. The successful candidate will lead project design teams in the bridges and tunnels structures discipline.
- Degree in civil engineering.
- Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Significant post graduate experience of the design of bridges, tunnels or other civil engineering structures in the road and/or rail sector.
- Detailed experience in one or more of the following: reinforced concrete or pre stressed concrete bridges, steel bridges, cut and cover tunnels or immersed tunnels, underground station structures or large earth retaining structures.
- Experience of the application of structural analysis software such as Lusas.
- Excellent knowledge the DMRB requirements and/or Network Rail standards.
- Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
- Experience of Highways England, local authority or Network rail design and technical approval processes.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
- Experience of the maintenance of road or rail bridges and structures.
- Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates.
- Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of structural design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Leading and developing teams of graduates, engineers and technicians in preparing design solutions for bridge and tunnel projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
- First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations.
- Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
- Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
- Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
- Willingness to support graduate structural engineers in developing their own technical skills.
- Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
An excellent opportunity to join an established structural engineering team within a vibrant business, and to take a prominent role within the team to work on major infrastructure projects
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!
Apply for Principal Structural Engineer - Bridges & Tunnels
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly