Chief Development Officer (m/f)
5 days left
- Job Type
The company is a regional trade association representing 142 credit unions in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Act as liaison/ambassador between the Credit Union and its various partners (SEG's, businesses within Credit Union industry and/or field of membership and Hispanic community).
- Initiate contact and visit existing and potential SEGs. Maintain ongoing contacts with these groups.
- Establish relationships and support for Credit Union with officials that serve the Credit Union's interests in attracting new members and retaining existing members. Actively participates in and/or provides support and management programs as they relate to communication and the membership development agenda. Encourages the spread of credit union values to members and staff through active involvement and continual communication.
- Coordinate activities with applicable Credit Union staff (Sales & Service Director, Lending Director, outsourced Marketing Manager and/or Chief Development Officer) to include sponsor meetings, membership drives, etc. Organize and facilitate Credit Union orientation and registration for prospective members from current employer groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing member group relations by visiting their workplace and conducting on-going Credit Union sales presentations. On an ongoing basis, advises the Credit Union of outcome of meetings with partner officials and status of the partners or businesses interest in supporting the Credit Union.
- Participates in various outside functions that promote Credit Union membership. Responds to questions about the Credit Union from personal contact, mail, e-mail or phone requests.
- Educate members about features and benefits of MC EFCU products & services, including new offerings, convenience services & promotions. Examples: FICO?? credit score, GreenPath and mobile services.
- Explain and demonstrates MC EFCU digital services for members. Responsible for accessing and becoming familiar with all MC EFCU digital services. Examples: Online Banking, Loan Application, etc.
- Utilizes tact and experience based knowledge to resolve more complex member and digital banking issues, explaining specific policies and products, while representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
- Performs other Membership Development and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Demonstrated knowledge in sales, business development and deposit acquisitions
- Successful track record of identifying, developing and closing new business (membership acquisitions)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Strong business writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously and produce the desired results. Previous public relations experience. Ability to be flexible in dealing with changing priorities.
- Ability to follow-through and react quickly to changing situations.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of identifying needs/requirements.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to identify issues, recommend solutions and implement resolutions.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet). Familiarity with financial institution rules, regulations and laws.
- Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Travel required. Ability to lift a minimum 25 lbs., e.g. file boxes.
- Local travel 50% or more.