Senior Construction Health & Safety Advisor - CDM
7 days left
- Job Type
Senior Construction Health & Safety Adviser - CDM - 48226 - £45-60k
Capitas Construction Health and Safety Team is an expanding group of twenty technically skilled specialists in Capitas Health and Safety Division. We specialise in the provision of the fullest range health and safety advice for the construction sector. We work across a range of businesses and in sectors as diverse as commercial, healthcare, science, industry, energy and education. We are currently involved in several large scale rail projects relating to train stations and supporting buildings so rail construction experience is essential.
The role is to work as a member of the team in supporting and assisting in the provision of construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. You will be required to deliver construction H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM advisor / Principal Designer on several projects to help ensure compliance with the duties of the CDM regulations 2015
Our services include strategic, tactical and operational aspects of our clients businesses. Our service delivery includes the writing of policies and procedures, assisting in carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up project progress reports and engaging directly with clients on a project basis, as well as developing and implementing training programmes. You role will be a senior Health and Safety Consultant as they deliver these services and as such you will be a key member of this close-knit team. Your knowledge and skills will contribute to the growth and success of this developing and growing team as we work together to deliver robust solutions to meet our clients health and safety aims, objectives and aspirations.
We are looking for a Construction Health and Safety Professional who is able to work independently, on projects typically throughout London and the South East. Projects can be in any location in the UK so a willingness to travel is also required
Specific experience with the rail industry is required: Buildings (stations) and civil engineering (embankments etc.) experience not signalling or track alignment)
You will also be required to work on a wide variety of projects, from new build social housing blocks, high rise office fit-outs, to infrastructure and specialist projects.
Project duration will vary from fast turnaround fit-outs to major capital projects.
- You will work primarily on CDM commissions
- High technical and commercial standards must be established and maintained as quality of work and ‘added value’ for our clients are priorities.
- Communication skills requirement (verbal and written):
- Written communication involves Reports, Pre-Construction Information and Health & Safety Files
- Verbal communication involves attendance at meetings and client facing discussions.
- Presentation skills for bid pitch and training provision
- Computer literate
- The role includes a lead role in the delivery of bid submissions.
- Development of new work and new clients, as well as maintenance of existing clients.
- You will need to work closely with all members of the firm who could be either clients or collaborators.
- Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- An understanding of the design process and the principles of risk reduction.
- A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical or professional qualification, with extensive professional experience
- Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015
- Graduate or Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- A current record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software
- An additional health and safety qualification such as a Degree, Diploma, or NEBOSH Certificate would be an advantage.
- Ability to use Sharepoint and other technology as required by the business
- Working as part of a team to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM advisor role
- Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
- Attend project, design and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan
- Ensure output from projects is of a high standard
- Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently and within the resource profile which was completed prior to the start of the project
- Support Senior Staff as required.
Why Join Capita?
- Capita invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
- There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
- The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don’t apply if you don’t have the experience!
Apply for Senior Construction Health & Safety Advisor - CDM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly