Service Development & Improvement Manager - 1 Year
Croydon hasn't seen expansion like we are currently experiencing since the 1960s. We're already well underway with some GBP5bn of investment that will be completed over the next few years. New offices, new retail, and new homes will provide well-paid jobs and high-quality accommodation for our rapidly growing population.
Croydon is a naturally ambitious council - so we're looking for inspirational leaders who share our passion for supporting business growth and responding to local needs.
Strong partnerships are the foundation for the future. That's why we're constantly looking forward. We need to find creative new ways of working together with other agencies and the private sector to deal with the financial challenges ahead.
Because with growth comes increased demand - but also huge opportunity.
Chances like this only come along once in a generation, and our task, and maybe yours, is to shape a positive future for Croydon's residents and businesses alike.
Service Development & Improvement Manager - 1 year Fixed Term
Croydon is undergoing a period of unprecedented transformation and the Commissioning & Improvement division (C&I) is at the centre of this change. Responsible for driving the organisation's strategic commissioning and service improvement.
We are looking for a dynamic leader, an experienced influencer able to drive the development of the organisation's improvement function. The Council is currently implementing a new matrix management model for this function so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the direction working closely with the corporate leadership team, heads of service as well as external partners.
The Service Development and Improvement Manager (Adults, Housing & Public Health) will be responsible for driving improvement across the organisation by providing high quality strategic planning, information and constructive challenge. The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the heads of service in Commissioning & Improvement and have important relationships with departmental leadership teams.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of:
- Working in a corporate or departmental strategy function in a large organisation
- Interpreting and presenting a range of information to senior leaders and elected members to inform decision making
- Building a strong network and positive relationships across a large, complex, organisation and partners
The successful candidate will require:
- Detailed understanding of current legislation and best practice relating to policy and strategy development in a local government environment, specifically related to adult social care, housing and public health
- Well-developed negotiation skills in order to influence
- Experience of the creation of meaningful evidence-based policy and strategy development that drives improvement
- Experience of strategic planning
- Ability to analyse a variety of qualitative and quantitative information, presenting it in such a way that is clear and easily understood to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent leadership and people management.
This is a 1 year fixed term vacancy to provide absence cover.
Interviews held w/c Monday 4th September
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.