Uniformed Services Enforcement Manager
Thanet District Council serves the beautiful coastal towns and villages in East Kent; including Broadstairs, Margate, Ramsgate and Minster, providing an array of services to over 127,000 residents.
Thanet is a great place to live and work. Our historic seaside towns of Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs are rich in heritage and opportunity. With the multi-million pound Turner Contemporary Gallery, the fast speed rail link to London, and the popular Westwood Cross shopping centre - this is an exciting time to join Thanet District Council. We are determined to improve the quality of life for local people. We believe that by listening to local people, working in active partnership and by being prepared to do things in an innovative way we can accelerate improvement and best meet the challenges ahead.
All posts include generous annual leave, flexible working (some posts excluded), a 37 hour week, as well as access to the local government pension scheme.
It is our policy to reward personal contribution towards the organisation's success. Your performance will be reviewed annually and your pay award will be based on your performance rating.
The role will involve:
- Line management of the Council's Civil Enforcement Officers and Kingdom uniformed enforcement officers ensuring adequate coverage for both on and off street parking enforcement, litter and dog fouling enforcement.
- Supervising functions within the enforcement office that deal with all public enquiries and administration for the above enforcement.
- Co-ordination of parking and environmental uniformed enforcement teams including staffing, rotas/shifts, multi-agency working and responding to residents' concerns.
- Managing the administration of the abandoned vehicle scheme in partnership with Kent County Council. Produce case files for Penalty Charge Notices that go before the Traffic Penalty Tribunal and court files for litter/dog fouling cases that go before the magistrate's court.
- Ensuring that the service is kept up to date with current and new legislation and provide training where necessary.
- Investigating new technologies to keep the team operating to their maximum potential and identify ways to improve the service and monitor team performance.
- Deputising for the Civil Enforcement Manager in their absence.
- You may occasionally be required to respond to out of hours call outs.
- Good knowledge of performance management, dealing with staff issues and to help transform the service.
- Have good knowledge of health and safety requirements for frontline staff and have a basic knowledge of emergency planning, business continuity and financial management.
- Have excellent computer and communication skills with the ability to command respect, trust and confidence and explain complex issues clearly.
- Experience in a management or similar role is essential. Have experience in dealing with customers, stakeholders, members of the public and councillors.
- Experience of managing service improvements and delivering value for money and savings directly or in partnerships projects.
- Qualifications must include a recognised managerial qualification or equivalent work experience in a similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge relevant legislation to parking and environmental enforcement.
- Good team player but also able to work using own initiative. Able to work under pressure and prioritise work effectively.
- A full driving license and access to a car or ability to travel by other means equivalent to use of a motor car.
- A standard DBS check will be required for this position. Forms will be provided.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Robin Chantrill-Smith on .